Life
If you give up your life - or any part of it - for the sake of Christ, He always finds ways to give it back to you.

"...I have come that they might have life, and that they have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Morning breaks eternal bright and fair

"The Lord's mercies....are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

But sometimes you have to get up before the crack of dawn to appreciate them.
That's what Beth and I did this morning with Peaches and Roe.
Roe wasn't too sure about the kayak at first. This was his first time in it.
Peaches and Beth
Sunrise silhouette.
Oh wow
Roe's into it now. Notice there's not much room for my feet. Maybe I should have bought the "2-person" kayak)
This water motion is making me sleepy. I got up way too early.
Sniff, sniff....what's that I smell on the shore?
I know there's something there that I ought to chase.

This is where I decided to take Roe back to the RV....he really wanted to jump out on the opposite shore and investigate that smell.
So Beth and I traded kayaks after we took the dogs home. Here's Beth trying mine out.
Critters along the way....damselfly?
Plants growing under the water along the shoreline.
Turtle on a log....I accidently deleted the "good" photo.
There are big fish in this lake....this one had a misfortunate end.
Two osprey in a tree
and one in the air.
Beth checking out a sandy landing and what looks like a trail into the woods....later maybe.
Some private homes along the shoreline...
Hmmm, I could buy one of these...
and pay the mortgage and taxes to have this beautiful sunrise off my deck,
or, I can keep on enjoying the gifts of God freely every day anew.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos and such a fun trip. Roe looks like he is meant for yaking.

    ReplyDelete