Life
If you give up your life - or any part of it - for the sake of Christ, He always finds ways to give it back to you.

"...I have come that they might have life, and that they have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lake Guntersville Goodbye

It was our last full day at Lake Guntersville and almost time to say good-bye for now. Beth and I managed one more kayak outing before the rains came.
Later Beth and Jean treated us to one more meal together....a variety of excellent Chinese food. Left to right: Carol (Carolinagal), Jean (Sparkle), Sarah (Bluepinecones), Beth (Bethers), and me (Liz) in front.
I don't know if this vulture lurking around is related to what we had for dinner or not.
One last get-together picture: Carol, Liz, Sarah, Jean, Beth.
After dinner, Sarah took us for a drive to see another part of the lake where she and her husband used to have a weekend place. The property was sold to developers, but never developed, so now is overgrown....but still very pretty.
So in the morning Carol and I will say our good-byes and head for her house in NC. I'm sure we'll all meet up again at a future get-together somewhere on the road. It's been a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures as always Lizzie.. I'm so glad you all got to enjoy your visit..Keep on truckin gal.. and hey...this time ya got to hop on down the road and visit me..Ya know we're really not that far away (in Florida that is:) )..
    Glad to see Carol got to enjoy the visit too !

    God Bless
    Zeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see all of you together. Glad Carol got there. Safe traveling.

    ReplyDelete